Here's a photo of my cancerous thyroid and lymph nodes after they were removed. Neat, huh?

My current stats:

Thyrogen-stimulated Tg 4.0, TgAB less than 20
(down from hypo-stimulated Tg 16.7 in Dec. 2009)
WBS negative

Thursday, June 18, 2009

ThyCa Listserv Help

posted on thyca listserv

Hi, all.

Just wanted to post an update on my journey.

I had my second RAI treatment last Monday and my follow-up WBS today. Although I have requested it in the past, this is the first time the radiologist sat down with me after the scans and went over my pictures with me, for which I was so grateful that I was falling all over myself thanking him. There was one area of uptake in my neck, as expected, and nothing else of note. (YEA!) There was no reason to expect any other uptake, but still, a relief that there's just this little pesky remnant in my neck. The radiologist does not think it is a lymph node or nodes. It took up the iodine. All good.

I feel such a tremendous sense of relief! My gut is telling me there's a very good chance this is the last treatment I'll have to have for this cancer, and that's such a joyous feeling. Even though I don't have my NED badge yet (No Evidence of Disease), I feel strongly that it's coming my way. I have an appt. with my endo next week to discuss when she'll want to do follow-up stimulated Tg and/or WBS testing to see if the treatment knocked the 22 Tg down to undetectible, but for now, I feel like I can breathe easy. As I move away from hypodom (TSH well over 60), I feel my energy coming back more quickly than I ever could have hoped for.

To those of you on a LID right now:
You can do it! Hang in there!

To those of you newly diagnosed:
You can handle this! Hang in there!

To those of you who are hypo as all hell right now:
The end is in sight! Hang in there!

To those of you who just had a RAI treatment:
You will make it through this! Hang in there!

To those of you dealing with recurrences:
You can overcome this! Hang in there!

And to those of you who have helped me along the way (especially my dear Katie), THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. I couldn't have done it without the support of the compassionate people in this amazing group.

Lynn in Orange County, California
Biopsy on 3 suspicious nodules 1/9/08 inconclusive
2/21/08 TT (age 41)
Dx multifocal papillary carcinoma + 5/5 positive nodes
3/24/08 RAI 150 mCi
12/3/08 MRI clean
4/13/09 stimulated testing: TSH 60.27; Tg 22
4/16/09 WBS: “linear” uptake in neck
6/8/09 RAI 150 mCi
6/18/09 WBS: uptake in neck, not thought to be lymph node(s)
Hoping the second time’s the charm

No comments:

Post a Comment