Here's a photo of my cancerous thyroid and lymph nodes after they were removed. Neat, huh?

My current stats:

Thyrogen-stimulated Tg 4.0, TgAB less than 20
(down from hypo-stimulated Tg 16.7 in Dec. 2009)
WBS negative

Friday, June 12, 2009

Buzzing From The Radioactive Iodine

It’s 12:46 am. I woke up at 12:15 am with this low electrical humming or buzzing sound in my ears, a headache, and the same type of buzzing feeling that was radiating (no pun intended) up the back of my neck slightly more on the right side and into the base of my skull, and the pain radiating down through the right side of my neck and up through the area directly behind my right ear. Also, something under my left collarbone hurts. I just took two Advil.

I wonder if the radioactive iodine is working on killing something. I’ve been watching too much “House” this week. Cameron, one of the characters, lost her first husband to thyroid cancer that had metastasized to his brain. So of course this is popping into my head now, along with the weird buzzing feeling and the pain.

Still, some of my first waking thoughts were, “I’m so glad I didn’t lose my sense of taste” and “Thank you, God, for letting me taste the double fudge brownie ice cream and the delicious and very flavorful Subway Italian sandwich I ate last night.”

I think I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again. It’s the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment