Here's a photo of my cancerous thyroid and lymph nodes after they were removed. Neat, huh?

My current stats:

Thyrogen-stimulated Tg 4.0, TgAB less than 20
(down from hypo-stimulated Tg 16.7 in Dec. 2009)
WBS negative

Monday, May 11, 2009

Hypo To Hyper

Yesterday was Mother’s Day.

I felt different yesterday—like there was a shift in gears on my trip from hypo to hyper. I was more agitated, less calm, less easy-going, hotter, sweatier, more anxious, more tense, and more stressed. I think all the great side effects of being slightly hypo are starting to disappear, and that sucks! And it’s extra disconcerting to feel a major change from one day to the next.

I went to church yesterday morning with Jack and Brendan, and the pastor read John 15:1-8.

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the farmer. Every branch in me that bears not fruit he takes away: and every branch that bears fruit, he purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, except you abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches: He that stays in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you. Herein is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be my disciples.”
--John 15: 1-8, American King James version

Today, a day later, I can’t remember exactly what in that spoke to me yesterday. Something about that passage got to me. I can’t remember what, though. I have a headache today and feel very tired. I took a nap before I picked up Jack at school this afternoon. Pommy is home sick today with a cold. Jack had a cold last Thursday, so maybe I’m just fighting off a little virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment