Here's a photo of my cancerous thyroid and lymph nodes after they were removed. Neat, huh?

My current stats:

Thyrogen-stimulated Tg 4.0, TgAB less than 20
(down from hypo-stimulated Tg 16.7 in Dec. 2009)
WBS negative

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Going Off Synthroid for Testing and Treatment

I’ve been off Synthroid for two days. That’s all. And here come the weird symptoms—shaky and hyper in the morning; bad, weird dreams; night sweats. It’s a blast, I gotta tell ya! I just made the appointment to receive my second treatment dose of RAI. I made the appointment for Monday, June 8. I hope my TSH is high enough by then. I think it will be.

I was thinking today how strange it is that my thyroid is all the way across the country in Philadelphia, PA, being analyzed by a pathologist, and I’ve never even been there. My thyroid is more well-traveled than I am!

I’ve been very hyper today, which I’ll take over being lethargic and/or depressed any day. I am in a good mood, and I have a ton of energy, much like several weeks ago when I was off my Synthroid for 30 days. As Pommy said tonight after dinner, “I guess I’ll enjoy it while it lasts.” Yup. Me too.

1 comment:

  1. I know bovine thyroid keeps my levels within normal range. It also helps regain my energy level. I have noticed that it has improved ever since I started taking the supplement.

    ReplyDelete