Here's a photo of my cancerous thyroid and lymph nodes after they were removed. Neat, huh?

My current stats:

Thyrogen-stimulated Tg 4.0, TgAB less than 20
(down from hypo-stimulated Tg 16.7 in Dec. 2009)
WBS negative

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Feelin' Poorly

I’ve been in a bad mood all day today. I can’t stand myself! Gone is the feeling of peace. Gone is the feeling that God is here for me. I feel empty and alone and back to my former hair-trigger-temper, irrational self. But I will say that this absolutely sucks.

Where am I on this thyroid cancer rollercoaster? I’m waiting for the second opinion on my original pathology report. It wasn’t done as of Friday, so I’m expecting it to be done next week. After that, I’ll probably get another radioactive iodine treatment dose. So in preparation for that, I stopped taking my Synthroid this morning. In order to get the RAI tx (this is shorthand for “treatment”) before Jack is out of school for summer, I’d need to get the dose the week of June 8. This would put me in isolation June 8-15-ish and sorta back to normal by June 18, which is Jack’s last day of school. I don’t really know how it would work to have to do the RAI while Jack is out of school for summer. He’d have to be somewhere else during the day--not here at home, where a radioactive me will be holed up in the master bedroom. And that would be a bummer, so I want to get ’er done before school’s out.

Everything has been different since I went back on my Synthroid and it started to build up in my system again. I was only on it for 4 weeks, but it had already gotten me back to that familiar hyperthyroid irritability I hate so much. I’m glad I went off it today, because I miss that calm feeling I had while I was hypo. Hopefully it will kick back in soon. The bummer is I can’t be hypo for long. I have to be kept hyperthyroid as part of my thyca recurrence prevention plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment